Thursday, October 11, 2007

Who am I?

Well I suppose that's not really the point of this, but I'll let you all in on a little of the brains running this shin-dig.

Brains. One thing I've never tried, but don't think for a second that I wouldn't. Alright, so who I am, let's see... My name is Lance Wilson, and I live in a total void of anti-culinary culture called Morenci, AZ. I know some of you probably have no idea where that is, but don't worry, I won't hold it against you.

Living here can often be troublesome for someone who enjoys food so much and has very little access to anything worthwhile. I mean, aside from the fact that the number of amazing places to eat here numbers at ZERO, the availability of ingredients for making your own decadence is rather limited too. Not only is it a scavenger hunt to find anything in the store here, but if the store that actually sells anything edible doesn't have what you're looking for, you're out of luck. Better go redesign dinner.

I grew up in Albuquerque, New Mexico and I went to school in Socorro, New Mexico at New Mexico Tech for chemical engineering. And of course, (for those of you who know nothing about New Mexico) our chile rocks your socks off. I'm not saying it's the hottest chile ever, there are certainly some litte thai peppers that have rocketed my head right off my throat, but there is simply no substitute for green chile. It's addicting to say the least. At any rate, I work as a metallurgist in a copper mine, overseeing the production of the world's largest hydrometallurgical copper process. How's that for a side note on culinary adventures? What's hydromet copper, you ask? Go ask google, this is a food blog... sheesh.

Enjoy.


No comments: